US AT THE SRCA
The Slate Roofing Contractors Association of North America, Inc., was originally formed as an unincorporated association in Pennsylvania in March of 2005 to fill a
void in the United States roofing trades. Professional slate
roofing contractors had little representation
in the U.S. roofing trades industry, with 95% of all new American
roofing being something other than slate. The SRCA incorporated as a non-profit trade association on January 1, 2008 as the Slate Roofing Contractors Association of North America, Inc. The SRCA has published natural quarried slate roofing installation guidelines and is developing training programs. We
share our knowledge and comaraderie at scheduled conferences, and volunteer labor
and materials at non-SRCA conferences and workshops. We organize slate roofing professionals
and other contractors and make them available to the public
via our membership listings, source lists, and Contractor
John Mahan, board member (above), setting up the SRCA booth at the 2013 NERCA Convention in Boston.
The SRCA at the 2013 International Roofing Expo in San Antonio, Texas. Left to right, Chuck Wagner (board member), Barry Smith (former president) and Jack Mahan (member).
Above: SRCA Board of Directors members are delegates at the 2010 International Federation for the Roofing Trades (IFD) Congress in Belfast, Northern Ireland including John Mahan of Mahan Slate Roofing Company, James Warden of Milligan Construction, Joe Jenkins of Joseph Jenkins, Inc., Robert Ruddy of Mountain State Slate Roofing, Barry Smith of Barry Smith Slate Roofing, and Chris Paulin of Paulin Slate and Copper.
Above: SRCA Board of Directors members are delegates at the 2012 International Federation for the Roofing Trades (IFD) Congress in Lucerne, Switzerland including Chuck Wagner of Wagner Roofing (second from left), Gary Howes of The Durable Slate Company (second from right) and John Mahan of Mahan Slate Roofing Company (far right).
Member meeting, 2007 (above) at home office, western Pennsylvania
SRCA members (above) contributed
to the 2005 International Preservation
Trades Workshops in St. Clairsville, Ohio, at the Belmont
Technical College. Shown above are Milligan
Slate Roof Restoration (Union
City, PA), Paulin
Slate and Copper (Akron, Ohio), Joseph
Jenkins, Inc. (Grove City, PA), and Camara
Haven, VT). The finished roof is shown below and in a Traditional
Roofing Magazine article. Not shown but also present
at the IPTW were Durable
SCRA members Jenkins and Camara contributed
to the 2005 Natural Building Colloquium in Bath, NY (below), where
participants were taught how to install a staggered butt,
mixed color slate roof. You can see more of this
roof in a Traditional
Roofing Magazine article.
SRCA members James Warden (Milligan
Construction), the Durable
Slate Company, and Joe
Jenkins donated time at the 2006 IPTW in New Orleans (below).
James Warden of Milligan
Construction (below), volunteered several days of work
to demonstrate slate roof repair in the devastated lower
9th ward of New Orleans.
Below are two student volunteers
who helped us cut the slates to the proper size.
The IPTW 2004 in Mobile, Alabama
was attended by SRCA members Milligan
and the Durable Slate
Company, all of whom conducted workshops.
Below is a group of workshop participants.
Click Here for
FULL MEMBER LISTING
Welcome to our newest members:
- Leelands Slate Roof Repair, Ephrata, PA
- Blue Glass LLC, Lynchburg, VA
- Above All Roofing Contractor, LLC, Nashville, TN
- Precision Slate and Tile Roofing Co., Bexley, OH
- Salvo Architectural Roofing Contractors, Inc., Naperville, IL
- Guilbert Express, New York, NY
- Charles A. Murray & Co. Ltd, Ontario, Canada
- TSW Roofing Solutions, Forest Hill, MD
- Takskifferspecialisten AB, Sweden
- Kee Safety, Inc., Buffalo, NY
- ADSlate Co. Ltd., Shanghai, China
- The New England Slate Company, Poultney, VT
- CC&W Enterprises, Baton Rouge, LA
- Vermont Structural Slate Co. / James River Slate Co., Fair Haven, VT
- Guaranty Sheet Metal Works, Inc., Kenner, LA
- Gummer Slate, Baltimore, MD
- Rathscheck Schiefer, Germany
- HKC Roofing, Cincinnati, OH
- Bay Roofing and Construction Co., Fairfield, NJ
- Roof Doctors, Inc., Baton Rouge, LA
- Shaanxi Huanyu Slate Import Export Company Ltd., Shaanxi Province, China
- Leland Torrence Enterprises and the Guild, Woodbridge, CT
- Paul Wright Roofing, Bethlehem, PA
- Lyons Contracting, Inc., Alexandria, VA
- Toitures Trois Etoiles Inc., Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Members: send in your photos
Charles A. Murray & Company, Ltd.
The Roof Doctors
Grist Slate & Tile Roofing, Inc.
Short Slate LLC
Sbardella Slate, Inc.
Paulin Slate and Copper Company
Bill Davis Roofing
Send us a photo of your company in action and we'll post it here! Email
SRCA Facebook Page by Green Apple Group